NOTE: To prevent a designer from editing engineering netlists, please obey the following rules:
1. Reference Designator Names have a 15 character limit.
2. Pin Names have a 7 character limit.
3. Netnames have a 57 character limit.
4. Illegal characters are * < > ? : . ,
Lower case characters are not allowed.
Avoid \ / because Unix systems do not accept these characters.
5. Please use the abbreviation rather than the full name i.e.: use K, not CATHODE.
Use A, not ANODE.
All new library decals with special alpha pin numbers (IE: NO & NC for switches) must be clearly noted on the data sheet that will be used to create the library decal.
2 & 3 pin devices with alphabetical Pin Names are as follows:
DIODES CATHODE = C
ANODE = A
TRANSISTORS BASE = B
EMITTER = E
COLLECTOR = C
POWER FETS SOURCE = S
GATE = G
DRAIN = D
POTENTIOMETERS CW = 1
WIPER = 2
CCW = 3
CAPACITORS & POSITIVE = 1
BATTERIES NEGATIVE = 2
6. PADS format netlist is preferred.
7. Netlist header should be: !PADS-POWERPCB- V4.0-MILS!
8. Netlist footer should be: *END*
9. SAMPLE NETLIST: !PADS-POWERPCB- V4.0-MILS!
U1.1 C1.1 R1.1
U1.7 C1.2 U2.7 C2.2
U1.14 U2.14 C2.1
10. File name suffix must be .ASC if you are using PowerPCB.