NOTE: To prevent a designer from editing engineering decal lists, obey the following:
1. Reference Designator Names have a 15 character limit.
2. Decal Names have a 40 character limit.
3. Illegal characters for decal names are * < > ? : . ,
Avoid \ / because Unix systems do not accept these characters.
4. Lower case characters are allowed but pads will convert them to upper case.
5. Decal list must be in PADS format. TANGO format Decal List is not acceptable.
6. Decal list header should be:
7. Netlist footer should be:
8. SAMPLE DECAL LIST:
9. File name suffix default is .ASC in PowerPCB, but .net is acceptable.
10. If a decal is not in the library put “SEE DATA SHEET” in place of the decal name.
Be sure to put the reference designator on the component data sheet, especially if there
is more than one Library part to build.
11. If a new decal has alphabetical pin numbers, be sure that the data sheet clearly
defines the pin numbering assignments.
Example: Transistors with Base, Emitter and Collector.
12. If the Decal List & the Netlist are in the same ASCII file, break them into 2 files.
Always ASCII IN the Decal List first, and trouble shoot and fix the errors.
Then ASCII IN the Netlist.
13. BGA row and column count limit was 45 x 45 pins in Version 3.0.